I recently bought a Bluetooth speaker (Creative D100), and was really annoyed about how badly it worked with my Macbook. As soon as the sound stopped for a little while (even 30 seconds), the pairing would drop and the Mac wouldn’t be able to reestablish it on its own, and would start playing sounds from the embedded speakers. I had to reconnect the speakers manually a few times before they’d start working again.
Conversely, on my Android phone they work very smoothly - the pairing would start as soon as I enable the Bluetooth.
After a little bit of googling, I found the solution. It helped a lot, although I have the impression the connection isn’t quite as smooth as with my Android phone yet. But then, I haven’t tried it much so I might be wrong.
For the lazy who don’t want to click the link:
- Find the file ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent and double click on it. It should open on the plist editor.
- Change the value “Apple Bitpool Min (editable)” to 50.
- Save and close.
That’s it. Should this cause problems, just follow the same steps again and change the value back to the original (35 I think, or whatever it was on your system).
Edit: Mountain Lion seems to have solved these issues.
Post a Comment