Camera Engineer for Apple (2019-current).
Principal R&D Engineer for Spectral Edge Ltd (2012-2019). Spectral Edge is a start-up in the field of digital imaging, with IP protected by multiple international patents. My job consists in prototyping and developing algorithms for image processing.
Postdoctoral researcher for the University of East Anglia, as Research Assistant (May 2011 to January 2012) and Senior Research Associate (February to September 2012), setting the basis for the current position in Spectral Edge Ltd.
- In June 2011 I was awarded a PhD in computer science at the University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK. The thesis is here.
- In 2007 I was awarded a specialisation degree (MSc equivalent) in Sistemi intelligenti e multimediali (Intelligent and multimedia systems) at the Faculty of Mathematical, Physical and Natural Science of the University of Verona (Italy). I graduated with the dissertation: Hyperinterpolation at Xu points and interpolation at Padua points in the square: computational aspects, originally written in English (field: computational mathematics), available here.
- In 2004 I was awarded the degree (BSc equivalent) in Tecnologie dell'Informazione: multimedia (Information Technology: multimedia) at the Faculty of Mathematical, Physical and Natural Science of the University of Verona (Italy). I graduated with the dissertation: Design and development of a user interface based on a 3D pointer.
- I received my high school diploma in 2001 at the Liceo scientifico statale Leonardo Da Vinci in Arzignano (VI), Italy.
- PhD at the University of East Anglia, Norwich (UK).
- Semester preparing the Master's dissertation (October 2006 - March 2007) at the university of Göttingen, Germany, with the Erasmus exchange programme.
- Summer schools of English language in the UK in 1997 (Exmouth), 1998 (Cambridge), 1999 (Cardiff) and 2000 (Eastbourne).
Italian: native speaker.
English: fluent. TOEFL iBT proficiency certificate with final mark 108/120, obtained in September 2007, before starting the studies in the UK.
German: basic conversation and writing skills.
Spanish: beginners' level.
See also my Google Scholar profile.
- Roberto Montagna and Graham D. Finlayson. Reducing integrability error of color tensor gradients for image fusion. IEEE T. Image Process., 22(10), 4072-4085, 2013.
- Roberto Montagna and Graham D. Finlayson. Padua point interpolation and Lp-norm minimisation in colour-based image indexing and retrieval. IET Image Process., 6(2), 139-147, 2012.
- Roberto Montagna and Graham D. Finlayson. Constrained pseudo-Brownian motion and its application to image enhancement. J. Opt. Soc. Am. A, 28(8), 1677-1688, 2011.
- Marco Caliari, Marco Vianello, Stefano De Marchi and Roberto Montagna. HYPER2D: a numerical code for hyperinterpolation at Xu points on rectangles. Appl. Math. Comput. 183 (2006), 1138-1147.
- Roberto Montagna and Graham D. Finlayson. Constrained Pseudo-Brownian Motion for Image Enhancement. In Proc. Eighteenth Color Imaging Conference. San Antonio, Texas (USA), 2010.
- Graham D. Finlayson, Roberto Montagna and David Connah. A Unified Approach to Colour2Grey and Image Enhancement Through Gradient Field Integration. In Proc. Seventeenth Color Imaging Conference. Albuquerque, New Mexico (USA), 2009.
- Roberto Montagna and Graham D. Finlayson. Reducing integrability artefacts for data fusion through colour space manipulation. In Proc. IEEE Color and Reflectance in Imaging and Computer Vision Workshop. Kyoto, Japan, 2009.
- Graham D. Finlayson and Roberto Montagna. Optimal interpolation and Lp norm minimisation in colour indexing. In Proc. Sixteenth Color Imaging Conference. Portland, Oregon (USA), 2008.
- Roberto Montagna and Graham D. Finlayson. Histogram compression and image retrieval through Padua points interpolation. In Proc. Fourth European Conference on Color in Graphics, Imaging and Vision. Terrassa, Spain, 2008.